Although new product development is still growing, 2009 and 2010 have seen a renewed focus upon the re-development of existing products.
There are many reasons for this:
- Embedded electronics are becoming more accessible, leading to the replacement of analogue equipment
- Increases in component obsolesence
- Development budgets are being cut in certain areas
But, we are also seeing a desire to improve products for other reasons:
- Improving product features and interactivity to boost profit
- Reduce power consumption
- Improve overall product performance
Working with clients in these areas requires a mixture of skills – consultation, design, prototype and manufacture.
Whether you have a new product idea, or wish to develop an existing one, GSPK Design would be delighted to help.