Purchasing and Operations Manager – Full time
Salary – £30K – £35K
GSPK Design is an electronic design and manufacturing company, based in Knaresborough, North Yorkshire. Specialising in bespoke electronics for many different sectors including; instrumentation, scientific equipment, specialist control systems, sensory and lighting equipment. GSPK Design offer a full concept-to-completion service with all design and manufacturing in house.
Due to increasing customer demand GSPK Design are seeking to employ a full time Purchasing and Operations Manager to help support and develop our design and production facility. The successful applicant will be enthusiastic and flexible in their approach to work. This is a senior role within the company reporting directly to the Managing Director, they will responsible for all Operational aspects of the company, helping to ensure production targets are met whilst consistently maintaining quality.
This role is ideal for someone who has experience in an electronic purchasing or production management role and is looking to develop their career. You will be self-motivated, a team player and be able to demonstrate strong leadership qualities. You will need to demonstrate that you can communicate effectively on a technical level both internally and externally with Engineers, Suppliers, and Customers.
You will need to demonstrate a good understanding of electronics and electronics production processes and have previous electronics experience with ideally, an HNC or HND.
The Jobs Role and Responsibilities:
Ultimately to ensure the smooth operational aspects of the company. You will be expected to manage the day to day purchasing function, quality, and operational activities of the company and manage the Production Team. This is a challenging and exciting role for the right person. You will need to be self-motivated and manage your own time effectively. It will be a very hands-on role where you will be required to support the business and all fronts. These will include carrying out a variety of tasks from purchasing to production support whilst ensuring all quality management processes of the business are adhered to.
- You will be responsible for ensuring all components are purchased on time and cost effectively, while improving vendor relationships and reducing the cost of sales.
- You will be responsible for maximising efficiencies and ensure the right product goes out at the right time to ensure customer satisfaction. Co-ordinating with sales function, and production for scheduling, planning and delivery of product.
- You will be responsible for quality, and continual improvements. Ensuring the company comply with current standards and reviewing non-conformances as well as implementing improvements companywide where agreed, to ensure the business continually improves.
- Co-ordinate with the in-house design team for engineering support used in test and documentation.
- You will be responsible for maintaining health and safety regulations and ensuring a safe working environment.
- Applicant should have experience in the above areas
- Technical background (preferably electronics)
- Good knowledge of General health and safety policies
- The ability to work as part of a team and to meet project deadlines
- Project management skills and ability to multi-task
- knowledge of QA systems and continual improvement – (ISO 9001, ISO13485)
- IT literate with experience in Microsoft Excel and Word essential
- Excellent communication skills